When your CEO tells you to transform your company into “the most social brand in the world to better serve your customers,” how do you respond? As companies move away from treating social media as a standalone marketing channel and turn toward fortifying teams across the business with social expertise, this scenario will become more and more commonplace.
Whether it’s from the CEO or another executive, the expectation is sure to come your way. The new social organization requires a reinvention that focuses on building programs that are social by design. At the heart of the social by design organization is the most trusted person in the whole company: the average employee.
At this JOINT professional development luncheon with the Salt Lake PRSA chapter, you’ll learn:
- How to build a social by design organization
- How to weave together the core pillars of social enablement, governance, measurement and innovation in a way that can grow with your organization
- How to train and activate your employees in a way that builds both their professional brand and your organization’s brand
- How to measure results in a way that accrues to the business bottom line
WHEN: Wednesday, July 16th from 11:30 a.m. (check-in and networking) to 1:00 p.m. (presentation will begin at 12 p.m.)
WHERE: Adobe, 3900 Adobe Way, Lehi, UT 84043 (we will be in the gymnasium)
- Attendees should park in Adobe’s visitor’s parking and enter through the main entrance.
- Attendees will also be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement upon arrival.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION COST (Prices increase $5 at midnight on July 13):
- Members: $20
- Non-members: $30
- PRSSA Members: $10
*Due to security considerations, we are not able to accept day-of registrations. All attendees will need to register in advance so we may provide names to Adobe security.
TO REGISTER: Please visit http://slcprsa.org/upcoming-events?ee=59
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Cory Edwards is head of Adobe’s Social Business Center of Excellence. He is responsible for the company’s social business operations and integrating social media into the way Adobe does business. He and his team consult with and train departments across Adobe to define and measure their social strategies. In addition, they identify opportunities to innovate and pilot new social business programs. Prior to Adobe, Cory was director of social media at Dell.
Cory is also an adjunct professor at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. He has a BA in public relations from BYU and an MBA from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
You can follow Cory’s thoughts on the changing landscape of social media for businesses on Adobe’s Digital Marketing blog.